Jumat, 24 Agustus 2012
Please visit my Foodspotting
This is purely made by fresh strawberries and they are truly sour, so i need a loooot of granulated sugar and a little bit zest of lemon juice to make it a bit sour (but not too much). Honestly, on the first attempt, i want to make a Strawberry Jam instead of Strawberry Jelly, but i put a wrong powder which is called Agar-Agar Powder instead of Fruit Pectin. So i end up making a strawberry Jelly, Yeaa!
The texture is smooth yet you can feel the texture of the strawberry chunky, because i smashed it with fork, not a blender. And served with simple orange sauce, famously called Marmalade Sauce. It's will be a better platting if you have a whipped cream and others fresh fruits like mango or peach as a topping. Or you may used a canned fruit instead (cocktail fruit), You Name It !
Kamis, 23 Agustus 2012
Rabu, 22 Agustus 2012
Today i saw a video making a Gnocchi, and it looks very interesting, so i decided to make it by myself.
The original recipes made by Laura In The Kitchen
Ingredients:2 lbs of Yukon Gold Potatoes, peeled and cut in half
1 ½ cups of All Purpose Flour
1 tsp of Salt
1) Lay 2 baking sheets with lint free kitchen towels and set aside.
2) Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until they are super tender and cooked though. Mash very well with either a potato masher or a potato ricer.
3) On your work surface, mix together the cooked potatoes, flour and salt and kneed it for 4 to 5 minutes or until the dough comes together and it’s very soft and smooth.
4) Tear about a golf ball piece of dough and roll it out into a ¾ inch thick rope. Cut little pieces about ¾ of an inch thick and roll them either on a gnocchi board or on a fork.
5) Lay all your gnocchi on your prepared baking sheets and allow them to sit out and dry out for about an hour.
6) When ready to serve, cook them in salted boiling water for just a couple minutes or until they float to the surface. Drain and toss with your favorite sauce.